Since 2001, tens of thousands of leaders all around the world have been creating workplaces in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto. These workplaces were initially most evident in software development. But Agile leadership is now spreading to all parts of the organisation and across all sectors of the economy, particularly as software itself has become a key driver of business success. Agile leaders are not just tinkering with the management practices that were once successful. They are creating something different — workplaces with a culture of agility and with Agile values, practices, and metrics.
This 2-day course is delivered in partnership with Agilar (www.agilar.be).
Participants completing this course will gain insight in what is expected from an Agile leader:
- Operates effectively amid uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- Is knowledgeable about Agile values, approaches, and practices
- Surfaces more creative solutions through increased self-awareness, a growth mindset, and engaging others
- Aligns and empowers teams toward delivering more customer value
- Personally integrates feedback and experiments, and adapts their ways
- Takes a collaborative continuous improvement approach to organisational effectiveness
- Catalyses change in others and facilitates organisational change
Day 1 The Agile Leader
- Understanding complexity thinking
- Motivating people
- Being a leader coach to empower personal & coaching leaders
- Nurturing self-organisation
Day 2 The Agile Organisation
- Understanding organisational culture
- Designing organisational structures
- Aligning organisational processes and goals
- Leading organisational change
- Transformation case study walkthrough
Course participants will receive:
- Introductory pre-reading material
- After successfully completing the course, course participants are sent a high quality PDF handout containing a visual recount of the training.
The target audience for this course consists of:
- Executives, middle management, and other leaders with organisational influence
- Leaders who support, lead, or interact with Agile teams
- ScrumMasters / Agile coaches
- Any leader sponsoring, requesting, or involved with an Agile adoption within their organisation
After successfully completing this course, participants will be entitled to take the online exam to obtain the Certified Agile Leader certification from the Scrum Alliance, plus a two year paid membership.